Monday, April 21, 2008

We Got The House!!

YEAH!! I found a home and I got it!! I'm sooo excited!! I went to tour the house this evening and after walking though it and asking about everything I could think of, I felt really good about handing over the rather large security deposit and claiming it for our family! And here is the lucky home we will be living in for the next two years:
It's a 4 bedroom + loft/3 bath house that has a great layout and is in a great neighborhood. I'm so excited because we get to live so close to good friends who are in our ward at church, we have access to a neighborhood pool and tot lots, and it won't increase Scott's commute time by even one minute! :) And the other major relief- the move-in date is exactly what I was hoping for! So, the official date is: Sat. May 17th. Can I tell you what a relief it is to have a date to plan for? Plus, now that I've seen the house I have a better idea of what I need to get rid of and what I don't anymore. Hallelujah! Now that means I really need to start packing! And that is one thing I'm not looking forward to...


OK, so I'm going to share my BONEHEAD moment of the year. I can NOT believe I did this and what a COMPLETE BONEHEAD I was earlier today. So, today was pretty stressful trying to get a lot of things done in preparation of securing the house and moving in a short amount of time. One of the errands I had to run was returning some things, including a pair of shoes I got for Brennen that ended up being too small. As I left the house I grabbed Lindie (in her car seat), all the bags that had items to return, and a bag of plastic hangers to throw in the recycling bin. So, I get Lindie in the car, throw my purse and bags in the front seat and then tossed the bag with the plastic hangers into the recycling bin out on my curb. I dropped the kids off at my friends and race around Oceanside trying to get everything done. I go to Mervyn's to return Brennen's shoes and I can't find the bag. What I do find is the bag of plastic hangers. Yep, that's right. I tossed a pair of BRAND NEW shoes into the recycle bin. I even called my neighbor to see if she could grab them, but it was too late. The shoes were gone and I'm an idiot. I sat in the car swearing at myself for like ten minutes I was so mad. Aggh, even right now I just want to go hit my head against the wall a few hundred times. How in the world I could do something that stupid is beyond me, but I did it. So, if anyone has had one of those BONEHEAD moments and would like to share so I can feel a little better about myself, please do!

5 comments:

Blackberry Bratt said...

My life is one perpetual moment of "bone-headedness"! But then, you would know that because you have seen me in action! But I can just imagine you hitting your head on the stearing wheel...you are such a savvy shopper and so completely frugal in the best of way, that such a loss would drive you insane! I'm sorry, but I have to giggle about that. Just laugh it off though Chris, because as I was reading I was bracing myself for you to say you left your baby at the recycling center...so glad your story didn't go there!

Love you tons...

Johnny and Eirian said...

YAY, the new house looks AWESOME! Is there room for visitors....?? :)


xoxo

The Mathews Family said...

I'm so glad you got the house Chris! It' so awesome! JEALOUS of the A/C man.

I've got a good BONEHEAD moment for ya. I was cleaning out the cupboards and fridge and threw away the end of a loaf of bread-maker bread. The next day I went to make a loaf of bread and realized that I hadn't removed the little doo-hickey attachment from that loaf before I threw it away! It's a tiny little attachment that stirs and kneads the dough and is baked right in to the loaf of bread. The machine is useless without it! Well, I found it...... in the last bag of dripping disgusting garbage in the can. @#$^&!

Pure Images said...

Bummer about the shoes! I have tons of moments like that, just ask Zac, it drives him CRAZY! I am glad you got a house, just sad it isn't on my block! =(

Amelia said...

Two things:
First, congrats on the house! It's so big and really really nice. I especially like the craftsman details. Totally you.

Second, my bonehead moment of the day (I just expect I will have at least one every day). Sacrament meeting, opening song, song finishes, I bow my head to pray. Then Joel whispers, "It's you!". The mic is bare, everyone's bowing their head, and the bishop is looking squarely at me. I hop up, all but run to the podium, and try to be spiritual as I pray ... I doubt I pulled it off - I almost laughed a couple times. So embarassing!