Thursday, April 10, 2008

More Stress...

So, for those who have not heard, our landlord is filing for bankruptcy and the house we are living in will be foreclosed on. Which means I need to find somewhere new to live. In the next four weeks. Our lease is up the end of May, so we're good till then, but after that anything goes, so Scott and I decided just to get out of here. That way we won't have to worry about having them give us one weeks notice to move or something crazy like that. We also decided that it would be better for us to do the move before Scott gets home rather then after. I know that sounds insane for me to tackle a move by myself with two kids, but it really is for the best. So, if for some reason Scott doesn't come home on time, I think I might have a real, full-blown panic/anxiety attack and they might just have to take me away in a pretty white jacket (lets pray that doesn't happen!). I mentioned to Scott that I felt really bad that he will be coming home to a totally different house, and he said it's fine as long as he's not coming home to a totally different family! :) Poor guy is in for a shock when he sees Lindie and Brennen!

So the hunt is on for a new home. My goal is to find something that will let us stay in our current ward, that will not increase Scott's commute by even one minute, and that meets all of our picky requirements! (I want a tot lot or park and access to a pool!!!!) I've been checking a bunch of different sites online and I've already had friends give me some leads of homes for rent. I'm so grateful for everyone who has already been so eager to help me out. And if I haven't asked for your help yet, you can be guaranteed I'll be asking now! ;)

Seriously, can life get any crazier right now?

5 comments:

Pure Images said...

I am sorry you have to go through all of this! What a bummer! Let me know if you need anything!

Alisa said...

Hey. Barry has a truck and we are here for you!! Let me know if you need anything. Seriously. WOW! Our neighbors across the street just moved out. Come on base. There is a pool and a tot lot!! :)

The Mathews Family said...

Famous last words Chris!!! NEVER ask if your life can get any crazier. Next thing you know, it is!!! ;)

Amelia said...

That's crazy! I wish I could help in a more tangible way, but I'll be praying for you from all the way in Geo'gia.

Kendyl said...

Chris! Just found your blog, cool! Sorry about the move, please let us know what we can help with. Jeff is good at moving people and I'm always up for watching kids. Craziness! You're MUCH stronger than I am to be able to do ALL this stuff on your own...