Monday, September 29, 2008

AMAZING RACE 13


Scott and I are SO excited! We've been waiting and waiting and waiting and finally the season premiere of Amazing Race 13 aired last night! We've been a little addicted to this show since its first season and if you've read our little bio, you'll already know that we so seriously want to compete in this race. But, until then we live vicariously through the players and spend the whole show commenting on how we would've done it, or how we would've figured out the task so much faster, or what task we would choose and who would do what, etc. We'll fully admit we're geeks, but seriously (for those of you have watched us play Settlers of Cattan or Carcassonne), wouldn't we been a totally entertaining couple to watch, a Marine and a Personal Trainer who are both totally stubborn and totally competitive?! ;)

So, after watching the first episode a few of the teams we're rooting for at this point:

Nick and Starr- The Brother & Sister Team. They're already off to a great start by coming in #1! But, like all brothers and sisters, when is the fighting going to start?Aja and Ty- The Long Distance Couple. They just seem really nice and fun, just hope all this time together makes their relationship instead of breaks it!
Kelly and Christy- Best Friends. So, I'm not sure how Scott feels about them, but I love a good all girls team! Plus, they seem really smart!
Ken and Tina- Estranged Couple. He cheated on her and they separated and are now on the show to try and save their marriage. Not sure how I feel about this team. I like the both of them so far, but you can tell she still has some major issues to work out and it should be pretty interesting to see what happens!
Terrance and Sarah- Dating Couple. This is the one team Scott and I are NOT fans of. Sarah is a totally sweet girl, but she's being blind sided by her over-controlling boyfriend who gets butthurt if she doesn't show her 100% devotion to him every second of the day. This will be another couple to watch what happens as the show continues...
And to the first team to be sent home: Anita and Arthur- the Hippie Couple. They were a very interesting team to watch! Not really surprised they came in last, but a little sad to not see more of them. :)

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I enjoyed your post, I had forgotten how fun Amazing Race is. I missed last season, but this one sounds like it will be good.

You two should totally go on, that would be awesome!!

James Mathews said...

If you can believe it, I've never even watched a whole episode. I should. I'm sure its awesome. I think you guys WOULD be amazing at it! It would be a long time to be away from the kiddos, though. I'll DVR it next week :)

Johnny and Eirian said...

Yeah you guys would be so good at that show! I think all it takes is a spirit of competition, fitness, and teamwork. Funny how that escapes so many people. I don't know if you got my Myspace message, but i'll be in Irvine Oct 26th-November 8th and would love to try and see you guys...I have the weekend of Nov 1st free but the rest of time i'll be working- are you guys around then? xoxo

Ronda said...

Chris,
I found your blog through the funds. I hope you don't mind if I put a link on our blog so we can keep up with what you guys are up to.
You will probably think this is so funny but Shawn and I do the same thing with this show. We never miss an episode. We would love to be on it. We even have our kids watching.
And coming from someone who has played Carcassonne and Settlers with you guys. I think you would be a riot to watch compete. Have you sent in an application?