Tuesday, June 3, 2008

SCOTT'S HOME!!!

Can you believe it? Scott is finally home and I'm still floating on cloud nine! Monday was a long day for the both of us. Scott was up at 2am to start the loading and transport process and had only gotten about an hour of shut-eye because he was so excited. The kids and I drove up to get Scott and we made it there by 8:30am. We had to wait around for an hour before we finally got to see him, but the wait was totally forgotten the second we saw Scott! Brennen was so excited to see his dad that he ran full speed to Scott and wouldn't let Scott put him down. Brennen just wanted to be with daddy everywhere he went. Even Lindie was super excited to see daddy and greeted him with a big toothy smile and giggles! I really think she did instantly recognize him and was happy to see him, too. Scott's mom and step-dad were also there to welcome Scott home (and help me out with the kids! Thanks!!). The amazing thing was that normally when a schedule is given out in the Marine Corps about how/when things are going to happen, it never really works that way, and everything is delayed by two hours. So, I was totally prepared to spend all day on base, standing around waiting for Scott to show up, thinking around 5-6pm Scott would be able to leave. But, for once, things actually went better then planned and Scott was off by 12:30pm!!! We were able to go home and relax and just be a family again. Scott was able to check out his new home and I made this sign to welcome him:Scott with his very happy children!
I finally got my hug & kiss!!
I love my Marine.
Brennen's pure happiness as expressed on his face!



11 comments:

Alisa said...

Welcome Home Scott!! Yeah!! We are glad you are back and glad Chris to have your other half around. I just get tears in my eyes reading that and looking at your homecoming pictures. Enjoy your time together!

Johnny and Eirian said...

YAY!! Welcome home!

Shel said...

This post made me want to cry! We are so excited for you guys to have your cute little family back together!

Stephanie said...

Welcome home bro!

Rosalyn said...

I found your blog through a link on Ronni Paxton's blog--congratulations to all on Scott's homecoming. And your kids are so cute--it's fun to see what Brennan looks like now that he's out of the baby stage! And Lindie is darling. We just added #2 to our family--you can see pictures at evestigation.blogspot.com

--Rosalyn Eves

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Hey Chris! I found your blog on Jenn's page. Your family is adorable. How exciting having your hubby home!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Scott!!
Now be honest, how many movies did you watch during the deployment?..
Robin is going on the 26th MEU in 2months. Any advice?....
Well enjoy your family.

Lori said...

Scott, we're so glad you're home with Chris and the kids! Welcome back! We're always thinking about you guys.

Amelia said...

Welcome home, Scott! It's good to see you together as a family again. And, awesome sign, Chris! You rock!

Allison said...

These are great pics! Your family is so cute. I love your sign too :)