Wednesday, April 8, 2009

More Mania!!

OH MY WORD!! Our family is getting dealt some more crazy twists and turns!! (thankfully nothing life threatening or critical, just crazy) ;)

So, most of you know (especially if you read my earlier pathetic post) that Scott has been gone for the past 5 weeks. Well, Scott called me last Thursday night (the day before he came home) to give me Good News and News.

The Good News- he's not going with the Advanced Deployment Group. Meaning he's not leaving May 1st, but more towards the end of the month (20th-28th). Yay! I get a whole extra month with him!!
Hahaha, at least that's what I thought until he gave me the News (notice there's no Good or Bad if front of it??). Scott has been blessed with the opportunity to go to this awesome school called JTAC (Joint Terminal Attack Controller). He's super excited about this course because he gets to coordinate (and call the shots) dropping bombs from flying things (fixed wing and roto wing) to bad guys on the ground. Plus a bunch of other cool reasons that are a little more complicated to explain on here. The reason it's not Good News, the school is 4 weeks long, and on the other side of the country in Virginia Beach, VA.

I mean, seriously, am I going to see my husband at all this year???

So, Scott is here all this week (still working crazy hours) and then leaves on Easter (gone 4/12-5/9). Now, the other part to this story that has been in the works for the past couple of months: we're trying for #3. (Yep, crazy Marine couple is trying to have a third child when the husband is never home and he's deploying for 6-12 months.) Annoyingly, I've got some medical things that are totally working against us in this department so I just went into the Doc's on Monday and we are (read: I am) starting the wonderful process of Clomid. Yes, fertility drugs. But, they only work if I have sex. With my husband. Hard to believe, I know. So, what are we to do?

Uproot the whole family for a month and follow Scott to Virginia.

So while I'm typing this, I'm also stressing out about how to get myself and chitlins across country. To drive or to fly, that is the question. Yeah, I know a bunch of you saw the drive part and thought "WHAT is she thinking?!?", but since we're planning on being there for almost three weeks, and the kids require so much extra gear (i.e., two car seats, pack-n-play, stroller, clothes, etc), it's seriously cheaper to drive then to fly. And for those who really know me know I love road trips! I really do love driving all over the USA, but I'm not exactly thrilled about the thought of being by myself with 2 little ones. Is it doable, totally. Am I crazy, probably. Still undecided, so jury is out.

I really just want to be with my husband. I want to spend as much time as possible with him before he leaves for who knows how long. I also want the kids to spend as much time with him, too. They miss him and don't understand why Daddy isn't around to tuck them in at night. And, poor Scott hates that he's missing so much of their lives. So, we're going to try and do whatever we can to be together as much as possible. Even if it means only seeing him at night and on the weekends in Virginia rather then not seeing him at all in California. Oh-rah.

8 comments:

Pure Images said...

You do what you gotta do girly! Let me know if you need any help packing or babysitter for a bit.

Allison said...

I would totally make the trip- driving would be so much cheaper. Don't airlines charge $50 for every item you check? Crazy! I feel your 'infertility' pains. It took us 6 yrs to have the twins. Good luck with the clomid!

Amelia said...

You are so welcome to stay with us! I miss you tons, and it would be great to see the kids! Call with details! Love you!

Unknown said...

Weew! Full disclosure! :)

I think families should be together as much as possible... if it's possible, you can make it happen! I'm sure you have friends all over the country you could stop and visit and make it a slower trip, you know?

Kimi said...

Eric just finished JTAC before he went to CAX. He love love loved it. He's actually trying to work our next duty station around being able to do that more. My question is why are they sending him all the was to Virginia? Eric took the course in Cali. Email me when you can: longofamily@yahoo.com
I think we're trying for #3 before Eric leaves next month. Fingers crossed that it works.

Johnny and Eirian said...

Any updates? Have you decided what your plan is? Congrats to Scott for getting to go to JTAC!

Kimi said...

i'm so sorry he left chris. i'm hear if you need a shoulder to cry on. any luck with the trying before he left?

Kimi said...

You know, I was searching for you and Scott on FB...did you know that most of the people on there with your last name are in either Canada, England or Australia? Weird!